Duality is one of the first accelerators in the world with a sole mission to support and grow innovative quantum startups. At SCALINQ, we believe that the way forward for quantum computing is through collaborative work on a global scale, which is why we are so very excited to be part of this program. SCALINQ will have a part-time presence in Chicago starting the summer of 2022.
Duality, the nation’s first accelerator exclusively for quantum companies, has accepted five startups from across the globe into the second cohort of the year-long accelerator based in Chicago, IL.
Duality is led by the Polsky Center at the University of Chicago, University of Chicago and the Chicago Quantum Exchange (CQE), along with founding partners, the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Argonne National Laboratory, and P33.
“Illinois is proud to welcome the second cohort of quantum startups to the nation’s preeminent research corridor in the field, yet another testament to the University of Chicago and the University of Illinois’ leadership in this sector.” – Governor JB Pritzker
Duality Cohort 1 startups have secured more than $8.5 million in funding; grew from an average of 4.3 employees before starting the program to an average of 7.6, with exponential growth expected by many within the next two years. Selected startups will have the opportunity to explore partnerships and access to some of the region’s state-of-the-art equipment and facilities for advanced computing, nanofabrication, atomic-scale measurement, quantum testbeds, and other premier resources.
The selected ventures were chosen from a competitive pool of applicants from across the globe, vetted by an internal review process, and approved by Duality’s Governing Board.
“The first cohort of startups have benefited greatly from the industry exposure and strong connections to the CQE corporate partners and broader CQE ecosystem, and we look forward to introducing this new cohort of startups into our quantum community.”
– Preeti Chalsani, director of industry partnerships, Chicago Quantum Exchange
- SCALINQ // A Sweden-based startup developing unique packaging solutions for superconducting quantum chips
- Icosa Computing // A US-based startup building quantum computing and physics-enhanced optimizers for financial institutions
- memQ // A US-based company building technology to enable the quantum internet
- Quantescence // A France- and US-based quantum computing software startup that has created a quantum emulator platform
- Wave Photonics // A UK-based startup using computational techniques to accelerate integrated photonics design