SCALINQ is looking for a seasoned Engineer to join our team, with a focus on cryogenic hardware development. If you have a relevant background and fulfill some or all of the listed requirements, we’d love to hear from you!
SCALINQ is a prominent player in the growing field of quantum computing. Our core focus is the development of state-of-the-art cryogenic hardware. Today, we encompass an expanding product portfolio of complete qubit device packaging solutions (LINQER), a series of high-density low-pass and infra-red blocking filters (CliQ), as well as high-density cabling solutions (BriQ).
All our products are classified as enabling hardware and are vital for the overall performance of the quantum computer. In our research, we are already developing the next-generation hardware. This will be your chance to be part of pushing the boundaries of the field and unlock the full potential of quantum computing.
Desired requirements (don’t need to fulfill all):
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field (e.g., materials science, physics, mechanical engineering).
- A master’s or Ph.D. in a relevant field. (preferable)
- In-depth knowledge of cryogenic systems, including the behavior of materials at extremely low temperatures.
- Familiarity with cryogenic liquids (e.g., helium, nitrogen) and their properties.
- Strong background in materials science, with a focus on superconducting materials and their properties at cryogenic temperatures.
- Understanding of material characterization techniques, such as X-ray diffraction, electron microscopy, and thermal analysis.
- Proficiency in computational modeling and simulation software for predicting material behavior in cryogenic environments (e.g., finite element analysis, and molecular dynamics simulations).
- Experience with software tools like COMSOL, ANSYS, or similar.
- Knowledge of superconductivity theory and practical experience with superconducting materials, such as niobium or other relevant materials.
- Hands-on experience with cryogenic laboratory equipment and techniques, including cryostats, dilution refrigerators, and cryogenic measurement systems.
- Strong understanding of safety protocols and best practices for working in cryogenic environments.
- Effective communication skills to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team, including physicists, engineers, and partners.
- The ability to convey complex technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- A commitment to staying updated with the latest advancements in cryogenic materials and superconducting quantum computing.
- A record of publications and/or research projects related to material behavior in cryogenic environments is a strong asset. (preferable)
Do you have a passion and/or interest in cryogenic hardware development and want to be part of realizing the breakthrough technology that is Quantum Computing? Are you also looking to work in a dynamic team and a rapidly growing company? Well then, you are looking for SCALINQ! Please send us your resume and cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and qualifications.
About the team
Diversity and inclusion sit at the heart of SCALINQ. Our biggest strength is the people that define our company. Everyone contributes in their own unique ways and with their particular skill sets. We have successfully combined research-based competencies with conventional engineering to create commercially viable solutions. The team is co-located at our head office in Gothenburg but we also have a presence in Chicago, USA.
What we offer
We have a multicultural environment that is filled with skilled and creative colleagues and encourages people to make their ideas happen. At SCALINQ, you can have an impact like nowhere else. We all help each other to build new skills and best practices through the diversity of our backgrounds and perspectives – while having a lot of fun in the process. Our culture is highly rooted in responsibility, inclusiveness, and passion. We are a team of ambitious and energetic individuals and we are in it for the long haul! We value a healthy life/work balance and we are all about celebrating the small as well as large successes. Sounds like fun? Then we’d love to get to know you!
Psst!!! We have to mention that our office is in the heart of Gothenburg, near restaurants, training centers, and public transport as well as close proximity to Chalmers University.
How to apply
Apply by sending your CV and personal letter describing your area of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to write “Cryogenics Engineer” in the subject.