SCALINQ is looking for a seasoned Engineer to join our team, with a production and manufacturing engineering. If you have a relevant background and are looking to put your knowledge to use in a brand new field we’d love to hear from you!
SCALINQ is a prominent player in the growing field of quantum computing. Our core focus is the development of state-of-the-art cryogenic hardware. Today, we encompass an expanding product portfolio of complete qubit device packaging solutions (LINQER), a series of high-density low-pass and infra-red blocking filters (CliQ), as well as high-density cabling solutions (BriQ).
All our products are classified as enabling hardware and are vital for the overall performance of the quantum computer. In our research, we are already developing the next-generation hardware. This will be your chance to be part of pushing the boundaries of the field and unlock the full potential of quantum computing.
CAD Design (Required)
- Proficiency in computer-aided design (CAD) software such as Fusion360, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, or CATIA.
- Ability to create detailed and accurate 2D and 3D CAD models of components and assemblies.
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) for precision manufacturing.
CNC Programming (Required)
- Strong understanding of CNC machine programming, including G-code and M-code.
- Experience in writing and optimizing CNC programs for milling, turning, and other machining processes.
- Knowledge of CAM (Computer-Aided Manufacturing) software for generating CNC tool paths.
CNC Machine Operation (Desired)
- Proficiency in operating CNC machines, including setup, tool changes, and material loading.
- Ability to monitor and adjust machine parameters during production runs to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Knowledge of safe operating practices and procedures for CNC equipment.
- Understanding of various machining processes, including milling, turning, drilling, and grinding.
- Familiarity with different materials (e.g., metals, plastics) and their machining characteristics.
- Knowledge of cutting tools, tool holders, and work-holding devices used in CNC machining.
Quality Control (Desired)
- Skill in inspecting machined parts using precision measurement tools such as calipers, micrometers, and gauges.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and specifications to verify part dimensions and tolerances.
- Dedication to maintaining high-quality standards and ensuring the accuracy of produced components.
Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Safety Compliance: (Desired)
- Proficiency in performing routine maintenance tasks on CNC machines, including cleaning, lubrication, and tool changes.
- Capability to diagnose and troubleshoot common CNC machine issues and make necessary adjustments or repairs.
- Knowledge of machine tool maintenance schedules and documentation.
- Adherence to safety protocols and best practices to prevent accidents and maintain a safe work environment.
- Compliance with industry regulations and standards related to CNC machining.
- Familiarity with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements and RoHs compliance act.
- Effective communication skills to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team, including physicists, engineers, and partners.
- The ability to convey complex technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- A commitment to staying updated with the latest advancements in cryogenic materials and superconducting quantum computing.
- A record of publications and/or research projects related to material behavior in cryogenic environments is a strong asset. (preferable)
Do you have a passion and/or interest in making design concepts come to life, and want to be part of realizing the breakthrough technology that is quantum computing? Are you also looking to work in a dynamic team and a rapidly growing company? Well then, you are looking for SCALINQ! Please send us your resume and cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and qualifications.
About the team
Diversity and inclusion sit at the heart of SCALINQ. Our biggest strength is the people that define our company. Everyone contributes in their own unique ways and with their particular skill sets. We have successfully combined research-based competencies with conventional engineering to create commercially viable solutions. The team is co-located at our head office in Gothenburg but we also have a presence in Chicago, USA.
What we offer
We have a multicultural environment that is filled with skilled and creative colleagues and encourages people to make their ideas happen. At SCALINQ, you can have an impact like nowhere else. We all help each other to build new skills and best practices through the diversity of our backgrounds and perspectives – while having a lot of fun in the process. Our culture is highly rooted in responsibility, inclusiveness, and passion. We are a team of ambitious and energetic individuals and we are in it for the long haul! We value a healthy life/work balance and we are all about celebrating the small as well as large successes. Sounds like fun? Then we’d love to get to know you!
Psst!!! We have to mention that our office is in the heart of Gothenburg, near restaurants, training centers, and public transport as well as close proximity to Chalmers University.
How to apply
Apply by sending your CV and personal letter describing your area of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to write “CNC Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer” in the subject.